This isn’t your average FIRE (Financially Independent/Retire Early) show. If you want to know exactly what it takes to be financially independent and retire early, this is your deep dive. We do the math on how much you need to save or already have saved at your age in order to retire early successfully. We always shoot straight with you, sharing both the encouragement and reality check you need to hear.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How many people retire before the age of 65
- What the typical FIRE participant looks like
- How the 4% rule can make or break your retirement plan
- How to do a basic spot check of your early retirement plan
- How much YOU need to save (or have saved) to retire early successfully
Research and resources from this episode:
- Four Percent Rule (Investopedia)
- The Ages When Most People Retire (Hint: Probably Too Young) (Money.com)
- The many learnings from year one of early “retirement” (The Next Phase is Now)
- The Money Guy Guide to Retirement
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.