Let’s break down the pros and cons of the tool we love to hate: the credit card.Is there any advantage to using one? How many millionaires regularly pay with credit cards? Is there a SAFE way to use credit? We’re answering all of this, plus sharing our personal experience with credit card usage. Whether you’re a credit-card-aholic or a financial mutant, this episode will help you assess and maximize your current relationship with debt, spending, and credit.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Credit card basics – how to use them the right way
- Where credit cards came from
- When NOT to use a credit card
- What to look for in a good credit card
- What’s inside Brian and Bo’s wallet
Research and resources from this episode:
- Department Store Charge Cards (The Department Store Museum)
- Cash vs Credit Card Spending Statistics (2021) (Fundera)
- New Report: How Credit Card Debt Impacts the Average American (Clever)
- Credit Card Debt in 2020: Balances Drop for the First Time in Eight Years (Experian)
- The Man Who Turned Credit-Card Points Into an Empire (New York Times)
- Does Using a Credit Card Make You Spend More Money? (Nerd Wallet)
- Largest collection of valid credit cards (Guinness World Records)
- Here’s a guy who has 1,497 credit cards (USA Today)
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.