Understanding history can keep you protected as you move into your future.
After years of working in the financial space, we see trends in the investment world. With a desire to build wealth fast and a fear of being left behind, we’ve watched the public jump on the latest investment trends, often leading to severe disappointment. When one financial frenzy or “hot dot” investment fades into the past, a new trend never fails to replace it.
What causes these financial frenzies, what can we learn from them, and what might that “hot dot” investment be today? Let’s learn to recognize these bubbles, both past and present. Your wallet will thank you.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How do investment frenzies happen?
- How to protect yourself from being fooled into a bad investment
- What frenzies like beanie babies, tulips, and trading cards have in common
- What current financial trends to watch out for
Research and resources from this episode:
- Dutch Tulip Bulb Market Bubble Definition (Investopedia)
- The Most Expensive Modern Sports Cards in the Hobby (Cardboard Picasso)
- 2009 FUTURE STARS MIKE TROUT ANGELS – RC MUST SEE!!!! GREAT CARD!!! (Ebay)
- Data Commons Place Explorer: United States of America
- The Rise and Fall and Rise Again of Baseball Cards (Gold Card Auction)
- Gold Fixing Price 10:30 A.M. (London time) in London Bullion Market, based in U.S. Dollars (Economic Research)
- Compound Annual Growth Rate (Annualized Return)(Money Chimp)
- Today’s gold market looks a lot like the crazy 1970s (Business Insider)
- The Beanie Baby Bubble of ’99 (The Hustle)
- The 20 Most Expensive Beanie Babies in the World (Wealthy Gorilla)
- GameStop shares rise, fall and rise again in roller-coaster day of trading (CNet)
- Latest SPAC News (SPAC Research)
- Celebrity Involvement with SPACs – Investor Alert (SEC)
- Metakovan, the mystery Beeple art buyer, and his NFT/DeFi scheme (Amy Castor)
- Curious Speculations: Collectibles & NFTs (Investor Amnesia)
- The Crypto Tax Man Cometh (WealthManagement.com)
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.