If you interact with any other human beings, you are involved in negotiations! At its heart, the art of negotiation is an interpersonal skill that can not only help you save money, but can make you a better friend, co-worker, partner, or boss. Too often we think one person wins and the other loses when negotiating. That is not the case! It is all about setting aside your own desires long enough to learn about another person. This episode will show you our top five tips to transform your personal and professional interactions for the better.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to assess the numbers involved in a negotiation
- Practical tips on how to listen and understand
- When it’s ok to compromise, and when to press in
- Key secrets to being a likable person
- Questions to ask yourself when making a big decision
Research and resources in this episode:
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.