There are two ways to build wealth: 1) Spend less, or 2) Earn more! Saving money is a popular financial topic, but today’s episode is dedicated to learning how to earn more.
We are in what’s known as the gig economy. It is more possible than ever to pick up a side-hustle that helps you hit your financial goals, like paying off debt, investing 20-25%, or bulking up your emergency fund. So, where should you invest your time and how much can you really make in the gig economy? Let’s talk about it!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How a simple side-hustle can turn you into a millionaire
- How to prepare for the unintended consequences of side-hustles
- The pros and cons of 6 specific side-hustles you can start today
- Factors to consider when deciding what side-hustle is right for you
Research and resources from this episode:
- Vehicle Requirements (Uber)
- Uber, Lyft Drivers Earning A Median Profit Of $3.37 Per Hour, Study Says (NPR)
- Only 4% of Uber drivers remain on the platform a year later, says report (CNBC)
- How Much Do Uber and Lyft Drivers Make? (The Street)
- Gig economy: Here’s how much you can make delivering for Grubhub, Uber Eats and DoorDash (USA Today)
- Instacart In Store Shopper Hourly Pay (Glassdoor)
- Everything You Need to Know About VIPKid Jobs (Before You Apply!) (We Are Teachers)
- Why tutor on StudyPool?
- Become an online tutor with Tutor.com
- Remote Work From Home & Flexible Job Categories (Flex Jobs)
- Get more done with top?quality freelancers (Upwork)
- Top 20 Online Data Entry Jobs from Home Without Investment ($12 Per Hour) (Money Connexion)
- HOW MUCH TO HIRE A PART-TIME SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER (Nichevertising)
- Get Freelance Writing Rates (The Balance: Small Business)
- Top 25 Freelance Jobs Opportunities to Earn from Home (Money Connexion)
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.