We’re guilty. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and Cribs influenced our childhood ideas of what wealth looks like more than we would like to admit. Today, we work with wealthy folks from all over the country and help them make smart financial decisions. The contrast between common perceptions of wealth and the characteristics of truly successful people is stark! In this episode, we pull back the curtain to reveal what true financial success looks like and what milestones or characteristics you should (and should not) strive to emulate.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Statistics that debunk your misconceptions about wealth and success
- 4 characteristics that make millionaires stand out
- Financial pitfalls that millionaires avoid
- How to find the “why” behind your financial goals
Research and resources from this episode:
- Portrait of Today’s Millionaire (The Money Guy Show)
- Share of Americans who own Rolex watches in 2018, by income (Statista)
- In Sales of Luxuries, Geography Matters (New York Times)
- This map shows the average monthly auto loan payment in every U.S. state (CNBC)
- What’s the average car loan length? (Credit Karma)
- A $45,000 Loan for a $27,000 Ride: More Borrowers Are Going Underwater on Car Loans (WSJ)
- Flying for Good: 5 Philanthropic Uses for Private Flight (Mountain Aviation)
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.