Have you done your Net Worth statement recently? This is one of our favorite and most powerful yearly traditions. Simply add up your assets, and subtract your liabilities, and you’ll start to get a picture of where you are financially.
In this show, we’re breaking down what your Net Worth statement should look like at your age! We’ll explain what elements you should watch out for, explore how you measure up to your peers, and show you how to improve in the coming year.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What part of your Net Worth statement should you focus on in each decade?
- How much does the average American have saved at each age?
- How much should “Financial Mutants” have saved at your age?
- What is the opportunity cost for your financial decisions in each decade?
Research and resources in this episode:
- Net Worth by Age Calculator for the United States in 2020 (DQYDJ)
- Income Percentile by Age Calculator for the United States in 2020 (DQYDJ)
- Here’s how much money you should have saved by 30 (CNBC)
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.