The Money Guy Show would not be successful without our move to Nashville, TN. It has provided us with business and financial opportunities, a great quality of life, educational opportunities for our families, and access to a host of creative people who have made the show what it is today.
There are a myriad of good reasons we end up living where we do, but have you ever stopped to consider how a certain U.S. state or city can completely change your financial trajectory? In this episode, we’re going to lay out some actionable data points and jump-start your research. Let’s spark some curiosity about the financial pros and cons of your state, at your stage of life!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What states allow your dollar to go the furthest
- How to assess job opportunities and quality of life in a new area
- How educational opportunities vary from state to state
- What states provide the best tax breaks and wealth-building opportunities
- What factors to consider when choosing a retirement location
Research and resources from this episode:
- Cost of Living Calculator (Bankrate)
- US State Income Tax Calculator
- The Average Cost of Living by State, and Why Ignoring it Could Sink Your Business (Patriot)
- The 10 Best States to Find a Job (US News)
- Here’s how much a US dollar is worth in every state. (USA Today)
- List of U.S. states and territories by median wage and mean wage (Wikipedia)
Enjoy the Show?
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.