An emergency fund and an increase to your savings rate can change everything about your financial life. It will give you the security and flexibility you need to hit those financial goals and have room to dream! In today’s episode, we teach you six practical ways to find and save an extra $6,728 per year!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- One simple change to optimize your cash reserves
- What passing up your employer match will really cost you
- How much money a side hustle can really make
- and more!
Research and resources from this episode:
- FDIC Bank Find
- What Is the Average Interest Rate for Savings Accounts? (Smart Asset)
- What Is a Good 401(k) Match? (Investopedia)
- 1 in 5 workers misses out on this free money for retirement (CNBC)
- Traditional Pay-TV Operators Lost Record 6 Million Subscribers in 2019 as Cord-Cutting Picks Up Speed (Variety)
- How Much is Internet? (Q Reviews)
- Car Insurance Rates By Age (The Zebra)
- Drivers Can Save an Average of $859 a Year by Comparing Car Insurance Rates (Nerd Wallet)
- 20 Hidden Sources of Income Lying Around Your House (Money)
- 2020 Side Hustle Statistics and Survey Results: Income Levels, the Most Popular Gigs, and Common Struggles (Side Hustle Nation)
- How Much Do Uber and Lyft Drivers Make? (The Street)
- How Much Does Instacart Pay? Find the New Instacart Pay Structure Here (GigWorker)
- Driving for Uber Eats: What is it Like Delivering Food for Uber? (Ridesharing Driver)
- Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers First Quarter 2020 (BLS)
Enjoy the Show?
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.