The Netflix documentary “Tiger King” is more than just a hilariously captivating hot mess. It’s a perfect example of what NOT to do with your personal finances. If Joe Exotic (and the whole cast) had followed the advice from this episode, their lives would have looked wildly different than they do today! Let’s have some fun and break down 7 fantastic personal finance lessons you can learn from this crazy show.
Warning: There are “Tiger King” spoilers in this episode!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Easy financial planning tips that could have saved Joe Exotic a lot of heartache and legal trouble
- Estate planning tips that would have blown the Carole Baskin/Don Lewis’ story wide open
- How to spot the “Jeff Lowe” in your life
- Why tiger cubs are a perfect metaphor for personal finance
Research and resources in today’s episode:
- Best Online Savings Accounts for April 2020 (Bankrate)
- Disability Statistics and Facts (Affordable Insurance Protection)
- Nearly 75% of parents help their adult children financially (USA Today)
- 68% of young people expect an inheritance, yet only 40% of their parents will leave one (CNBC)
- Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness | Official Trailer (Netflix)
Enjoy the Show?
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.