On December 20th, a big piece of legislation was passed called the SECURE Act. It will affect retirement, IRAs, taxes, and more! Don’t worry, in this episode, we break down everything you need to know about the SECURE Act and how your strategies may need to change. Plus, we make it fun!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How the SECURE Act stole money from your kids
- The positives and negatives of the new rules
- The best planning opportunities made possible by the SECURE Act
- Legal “loopholes” to help you make the most of your investments
Resources and research from this episode:
- U.S. retirement assets at $28 trillion in Q1, little changed from end of 2017 (Pensions & Investments)
- RMD Rules for Inherited IRAs (Fidelity)
- Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Financial Architects, LLC
- SECURE Act And Tax Extenders Creates Retirement Planning Opportunities And Challenges (Kitces)
Enjoy the Show?
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.