This is our favorite annual tradition! Let’s update the numbers and see how your Net Worth measures up to your peers in the new year.
Your Net Worth Statement is the most powerful tool you can use to build wealth. Tracking your assets, liabilities, and bottom line will show you where you are, where you should be, and how to maximize your money.
With the help of some awesome charts from Intern Daniel, we’ll walk you through financial benchmarks for your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Which part of the Net Worth statement is most important at your age
- Strategies that will maximize your army of dollar bills
- How you measure up to your peers
Research and resources from this episode:
- Why Is the Median Net Worth So Low? (Money Guy Blog)
- Net Worth by Age Calculator for the United States (DQYDJ)
- Survey of Consumer Finances (SCF) (Federal Reserve)
- Here’s the Average American’s Savings Rate (The Motley Fool)
- America’s retirement score: In fair shape — but fixable (Fidelity)
- What is the Average Debt by Age in 2018? (SoFi)
- Here’s how much money Americans earn at every age (CNBC)
Enjoy the Show?
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.