What sounds better than money you don’t have to work for? This is the daydream of anyone who hates their 9-5 job and has occupied headlines in many corners of the internet. Is passive income too good to be true?
In today’s episode, we expose the false claims of “making money for nothin'” and set the record straight on how you can actually make money doing real estate, content creation, and, quite literally, while you sleep!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The difference between passive and active income
- A reality check on popular “passive” income strategies
- How to maximize the potential of popular “passive” income strategies and actually make money
Research and resources from today’s episode:
- How Many of the 540,000 Podcasts Have “Podfaded?” (Amplifi Media)
- Historical Analysis of Bond Investment Returns Performance (Engineered Portfolio)
- REIT Industry Financial Snapshot (Nareit)
- The Average Annual Return for a Long Term Investment in the Real Estate Sector (Investopedia)
Enjoy the Show?
- Subscribe so you get new episodes and show notes sent right to your inbox.
- Leave us a review on iTunes.
- Send us your questions or share your story.
- Use #AskTheMoneyGuy for your questions on social media.
- Get your FREE copy of The 30-Minute(ish) Financial Plan.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join the conversation on The Money Guy Show Facebook page or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.