Managing finances doesn’t have to be scary – unless you make these 5 financial decisions. In honor Halloween, we’re telling you scary tales of financial catastrophe AND how you can avoid them!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What tools you need to protect yourself from risk and disaster
- How to keep debt from ruining your life
- Smart financial principals that will keep your finances from going off the rails
- and more!
Research and resources from today’s episode:
- The Money Guy Resources Page (FREE downloads!)
- 58% of Americans Have Less Than $1,000 in Savings, Survey Finds (Yahoo! Finance)
- Dow Jones Industrial Average (Quandl)
- Dow Jones Industrial Average (Investing.com)
- Average credit card interest rates: Week of Oct. 23, 2019 (CreditCards.com)
- Should I get a car loan that’s longer than five years? (Credit Karma)
- The Seven-Year Auto Loan: America’s Middle Class Can’t Afford Its Cars (WSJ)
- That Enron feeling: WorldCom 401(k) plan down by $775 million (Pensions & Investments)
- Employees’ Retirement Plan Is a Victim as Enron Tumbles (NYT)
- Many Americans are underinsured, survey suggests (Policygenius)
- Disability statistics (Council for Disability Awareness)
- Credit card insurance: don’t believe the hype (CreditCards.com)
Enjoy the Show?
- Subscribe so you get new episodes and show notes sent right to your inbox.
- Leave us a review on iTunes.
- Send us your questions or share your story.
- Use #AskTheMoneyGuy for your questions on social media.
- Get your FREE copy of The 30-Minute(ish) Financial Plan.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: [email protected] and [email protected] You can also join the conversation on The Money Guy Show Facebook page or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.