Time for a gut check! If you’re saving or investing your money in these 4 ways, it might be time for a new strategy.
We want you to gain this wisdom without the expense of trial and error, so we’re taking our experience and letting you in on some investment secrets. We’ll break down why each mistake is not serving you well, then we’ll cover the best techniques to get out of that financial rut and set yourself up for success!
In today’s episode we’ll cover:
- Why you’re looking at cash reserves all wrong
- The power of automating your saving and investing
- The serious danger of investment distractions
- How to take risks that actually benefit you in the long-run
- and more!
Resources and research mentioned in this episode:
- Why Millennials Are Afraid of Investing (The Money Guy Blog)
- The Money Guy Financial Order of Operations show
- Millennials Prefer Cash Over Stocks — and It Could Cost Them Millions (Bankrate)
- Millennials Are Good At Saving, But Investing? Not So Much (Forbes)
- More evidence that it’s really hard to ‘beat the market’ over time, 95% of finance professionals can’t do it (AEI)
- What Is Considered a Good Expense Ratio? (Investopedia)
Enjoy the Show?
- Subscribe so you get new episodes and show notes sent right to your inbox.
- Leave us a review on iTunes.
- Send us your questions or share your story.
- Use #AskTheMoneyGuy for your questions on social media.
- Get your FREE copy of The 30-Minute(ish) Financial Plan.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: [email protected] and [email protected] You can also join the conversation on The Money Guy Show Facebook page or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.