After watching Discovery Channel’s Shark Week, we realized the financial world has its own ferocious apex predator. Roth assets sit on the top of the food chain! They get tax-free growth, provide emergency access to your funds, and there are no required minimum distributions for these kinds of assets.
In this show, we break down how Roth assets can help you grow your wealth exponentially!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The powerful growth that happens to $1 when invested at 20, 30, and 40-years-old
- How to reframe your excuses when it comes to saving and investing
- How Mitt Romney’s investment disclosures inspired Brian’s nerdiest financial daydream
- Why Roth and Traditional 401(K) can have different results (as illustrated in the story of Roth Ralph and Pre-Tax Patty)
- Practical steps for setting up your first Roth IRA
- How pre-tax dollars are going to make all the difference on your path to financial independence
- Resources for making the most of Roth assets no matter your income level
Resources related to this show:
- How Did Romney’s IRA Grow So Big? (Reuters)
- Historical Average Federal Tax Rates for All Households (Tax Policy Center)
- Top Secret Wealth-Building Strategies of the Rich (Roth Conversion and Mega Roths)
Enjoy the Show?
- Subscribe so you get new episodes and show notes sent right to your inbox.
- Leave us a review on iTunes.
- Send us your questions or share your story.
- Use #AskTheMoneyGuy for your questions on social media.
- Get your FREE copy of The 30-Minute(ish) Financial Plan.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: [email protected] and [email protected] You can also join the conversation on The Money Guy Show Facebook page or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.