The FIRE Movement. What is it? Who’s doing it? Should I do it? Is it good or bad? How do I do it? These are all questions you may ask yourself when you hear people talking about the FIRE Movement. We cover all of this and so much more in this week’s episode of The Money Guy Show.
You may notice that we have a special visitor for this episode. Brian is out of the office visiting his favorite mouse (if you guessed Mickey, you’d be right)! Gabe Talley from our team joins us and shares his vast knowledge on this subject with our Money Guy family. You don’t want to miss this episode of the Money Guy Show.
Here’s What You’ll Find Out in this Episode:
- How Gabe helps FIRE clients develop a strategy from Point A to Point B
- Where the FIRE movement began
- Why Millennials embrace the FIRE movement
- What is the #1 concept from Vickie Robins’ book “Your Money or Your Life”
- Common behaviors of Millennials towards money and retirement
- How to apply the Money Guy Order of Operations to your FIRE goals
- What FIRE participation means to a capitalistic economy
- The percentage of money people are saving who participate in the FIRE movement
- Common traits of FIRE participants
- The three different categories of FIRE participants and the characteristics associated with each category
- The pros and cons of the FIRE movement
- Frequently asked questions about the FIRE movement
- Secrets to becoming a successful FIRE participant
- Why do you have to change your mindset about saving and accumulation as a FIRE participant
- How to approach charitable giving as a FIRE participant
- How taxes play a role in your financial life as a FIRE participant
- Common blind spots for FIRE participants
- How to prepare to become a FIRE participant
- The Money Guy perspective on the FIRE movement
Resources Mentioned in this Episode & Related Episodes
- Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Fully Revised and Updated for 2018
- Reddit FIRE Community
- Here’s What You Should Know About That Survey Saying 1 in 6 Millenials Has $100K in Savings
- 69% of Americans Have Less Than $1,000 in Savings
- Financial Order of Operations: How To Prioritize Your Financial Goals
- Dalbar: Surprise! Investors Beat the S&P in January
Enjoy the Show?
- Make sure you subscribe so you get updates, announcements, and exclusive post-show deliverables!
- Leave us a review on iTunes
- Send us your questions or share your story!
- You can also use #AskTheMoneyGuy on social media!
- Get your FREE copy of The 30-Minute(ish) Financial Plan
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll never miss special announcements and offers, plus you’ll get future podcasts and blog posts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.