Everything you know about money is probably wrong and holding you back from success in your financial life! Well, today that will change. In this episode of the Money Guy Show, we are going to straighten it all out for you.
You have to be very aware of how your thoughts impact your behavior with money. How you think and feel often drives action. We truly are living in the age where we have 24/7 access to information. However, is having the ease of access to so much information helpful when it comes to making sound financial decisions? We’re not always convinced it is.
You want enough information to inoculate yourself against financial missteps, but not so much that it actually leads to behaviors that undermine your success with money. It is imperative for you to understand what is actionable – the good news versus what is minutiae and noise that can sidetrack you into making horrible decisions. Fasten your seat belts as we jump into this week’s episode of The Money Guy Show!
Here’s What You’ll Find Out in this Episode:
- The influencers that shape your inner voice
- Biases and blind spots that can affect your decision making
- How you can prepare a path to move forward in your life
- The origins of The Money Guy Show
- How to become an optimist
- What the correlation is between losing weight and building wealth
- The importance of writing down your goals
- How to understand what drives you in your life
- Why it is important to have a good support structure with accountability
- What does the concepts of Limiting Beliefs vs Liberating Truths mean
- Why Nike’s slogan is applicable to all of our lives
- What tools are available to you to “just do it” in your financial life
- The crazy risks to avoid when taking the leap of “just do it”
Resources Mentioned in this Episode & Related Episodes
- If It Bleeds, It Leads: Understanding Fear-Based Media
- How I Became The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Episode #1 of The Money Guy Show
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants
- Outliers: The Story of Success
Enjoy the Show?
- Make sure you subscribe so you get updates, announcements, and exclusive post-show deliverables!
- Leave us a review on iTunes
- Send us your questions or share your story!
- You can also use #AskTheMoneyGuy on social media!
- Get your FREE copy of The 30-Minute(ish) Financial Plan
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll never miss special announcements and offers, plus you’ll get future podcasts and blog posts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.