What did Warren Buffett tell us about personal finance in 2018? It may not be Christmas, but it certainly feels like it when the “Oracle of Omaha” shares his wisdom with us. There have been many of you asking when we are going to cover Warren Buffett’s letter to shareholders. That day has finally arrived!
Buffett shares that there are many things to be excited about, as well as future opportunities for all of us. In today’s episode, we share the most important investment lessons he reveals that you can apply to your own personal finances. Join us for this week’s episode of The Money Guy Show as we explore Warren Buffett’s letter to shareholders.
Here’s What You’ll Find Out in this Episode:
- Our Top Investing Lessons From Warren Buffett’s Annual Shareholder Letter:
- Don’t let short-term swings affect your decision making: Do not allow the day-to-day fluctuations change your mind toward the intrinsic value of the company or investments. Have a long-term perspective and plan.
- Have a core investment strategy and plan: Are the decision you are making day-to-day, year-to-year moving you closer to your goals? Or are you allowing yourself to get in your own way by not sticking to your strategy?
- Character matters and your decisions impact others: Do you make decisions that you are proud of? Are you prioritizing your order of operations correctly?
- Take advantage when the rules change in your favor: Warren shares how Berkshire was able to take advantage of the new corporate tax changes. Have you done the work to understand how you can benefit from the new tax rules?
- Understand your risk tolerance and risk capacity: Understand debt and leverage. Rational people don’t risk what they have and need for what they don’t have and don’t need.
- Surround yourself with good people: Warren shares about GEICO’s Former CEO Tony Nicely. Do you have people around you that are pushing you to be the best version of yourself? An attorney to work through your estate documents? A financial advisor to help serve as your CFO? An accountant to make sure you are optimizing your tax situation? An insurance agent to make sure you are not overpaying? Surround yourself with a team of individuals who can help you navigate the big decisions in your life.
- You can read Warren Buffett’s full annual letter to shareholder’s here
Resources Mentioned in This Episode and Related Episodes
Enjoy the Show?
- Make sure you subscribe so you get updates, announcements, and exclusive post-show deliverables!
- Leave us a review on iTunes
- Send us your questions or share your story!
- You can also use #AskTheMoneyGuy on social media!
- Get your FREE copy of The 30-Minute(ish) Financial Plan
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: [email protected] and [email protected] You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll never miss special announcements and offers, plus you’ll get future podcasts and blog posts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.