The New Year equals new opportunities to calibrate and refocus. 2019 can be your year of success! As one of our neighbors and friends here in Franklin, TN says, “You can make this year your best year ever!”
So, be sure to join us for this very special year-end episode of The Money Guy show where we provide you with an overview of what you need to be doing to keep yourself on track financially.
If we’ve said it once, we’ve said it a million times: The best time to jumpstart your financial success is right now. And what better time to enact your financial plan that at the start of a fresh New Year?!
Here’s What You’ll Find Out in this Episode:
- Financial planning opportunities for your age and stage of life
- Financial mistakes and obstacles you can avoid to increase your chances for financial success
- How much money you should be saving by age (with projected rates of return!)
- How to spot check your net worth by age and see how you measure up against your peers
- Why you should be saving 15% to 20% of your gross income in your 20s
- How to discover your passions and jumpstart a career you love as early in life as possible
- What debts you need to avoid (this applies to any generation)
- When your army of dollar of bills can work the hardest for you and just how powerful compounding interest is by decade
- How to calculate your wealth index and spot check where you fall relative to others
- How to make progress in your career while managing other life priorities like family
- Why your 30s are still a tremendous time to build wealth
- The risks you can take in your 30s that can have a huge impact on your ability to reach your financial dreams
- Why generosity becomes more prevalent in your 40s
- Financial moves you can’t miss making in your 40s and mistakes you have to avoid so that you don’t derail all your progress
- How to fine tune your financial vision plan as you near retirement
- What to do once you achieve financial independence
- Ways you can enjoy all the fruits of your hard work in retirement
Resources Mentioned in this Episode & Related Episodes
- Here’s How Much Americans Earn at Every Age (CNBC)
- How Much You Should Have Saved by 30 by Fidelity
- Surviving and Thriving in the Transition to Retirement with Fritz Gilbert
- Vision Planning In 2018: How to Set (and Keep) Financial Goals
Enjoy the Show?
- Make sure you subscribe so you get updates, announcements, and exclusive post-show deliverables!
- Leave us a review on iTunes
- Send us your questions or share your story!
- You can also use #AskTheMoneyGuy on social media!
- Get your FREE copy of The 30-Minute(ish) Financial Plan
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: [email protected] and [email protected] You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll never miss special announcements and offers, plus you’ll get future podcasts and blog posts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.