Today’s episode of The Money Guy Show is inspired by a listener question. This listener wrote in to the show and asked us what advice we wish we knew as a teenager, because she is a youth group leader working closely with young adults. And what a great question this is!
So, we’re shifting today’s episode to speak directly to our teenage listeners and parents with teenagers. Even if you aren’t in this group of listeners, there are still plenty of useful and timeless tips we share to help set you up for financial success.
In today’s show, we offer a mentor-like episode that covers important decisions and human characteristics that can lead to a financially fulfilled life.
Here’s What You’ll Find Out in this Episode:
- What your single most valuable resource is at a young age
- Why time is like rocket fuel to your money when you’re a teenager
- The ways the concept of deferred gratification lends itself to long-term financial success
- Why your grades effect your reality with money
- How to advocate for yourself and the power of a good handshake
- Be careful how you use your resources of time and money
- How to differentiate yourself from your peers and what that has to do with your income potential
- The role gratitude and graciousness plays in your life and why you should always live a thankful life
- What the secret to success is
- What a selfless heart can do for you
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
Enjoy the Show?
- Make sure you subscribe so you get updates, announcements, and exclusive post-show deliverables!
- Leave us a review on iTunes
- Send us your questions or share your story!
- You can also use #AskTheMoneyGuy on social media!
- Get your FREE copy of The 30-Minute(ish) Financial Plan
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: [email protected] and [email protected] You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll never miss special announcements and offers, plus you’ll get future podcasts and blog posts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.