In addition to covering PNC’s Christmas Price Index and inflation, we also wanted to relate these twelve traditional gifts to financial tips and recommendations we think you ought to take care of before 2019 gets here. We are only a few weeks away from a brand new year, and there are certain financial matters that are better to address in the current calendar year.
Money Guy Show family, it is officially “Merry Christmas” time. Join us for today’s episode of The Money Guy Show as we uncover the 12 ways you can save this holiday season!
Here’s What You’ll Find Out in this Episode:
- How much the traditional twelve gifts of Christmas have increased in cost due to inflation
- 12 ways you can save this holiday season
- Why now is the time to review your charitable giving strategy and ways to give in light of the new tax laws
- How to turn lemons into lemonade with tax loss harvesting as a result of recent market performance
- Why it is a good time to pay attention to upcoming Capital Gain Distributions of your Mutual Funds
- Which retirement accounts you should max out before year-end
- Contribution limits you should be aware of in 2019
- Why you need to be aware of SALT limits in your state and when it makes sense to pay your estimated tax before 2019
- Why it’s the time to review and update your budget and how to assess if you need to do anything differently in 2019
- The one thing you definitely don’t want to do this holiday shopping season so that you don’t get into trouble that follows you into 2019
- How to start an important financial tradition of preparing a net worth statement
- How to re-evaluate your insurance needs and make sure you have adequate coverage
- How to hone those shopping ninja skills
- What low-lying tax deductions you need to take care of
- Why you can’t forget to use your FSA dollars
- Look to see if you get a state deduction for your 529 Plan contribution
- Make sure your required minimum distributions (RMDs) have been distributed
- How to set financial resolutions and planning goals for 2019
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- The Christmas Price Index (PNC)
- How to Maximize Your Charitable Giving Under 2018 Tax Changes
- A Different Take on Rebalancing
- Zero-Fee Index Funds: Here’s What it Means for Your Wallet
- 6 Types of Insurance that Can Keep You Out of Trouble
- How to Be a Retail Rambo this Black Friday
- How to Get the Most from Your Rewards Credit Cards
- Vision Planning: How to Set (and Keep) Financial Goals
Enjoy the Show?
- Make sure you subscribe so you get updates, announcements, and exclusive post-show deliverables!
- Leave us a review on iTunes
- Send us your questions or share your story!
- You can also use #AskTheMoneyGuy on social media!
- Get your FREE copy of The 30-Minute(ish) Financial Plan
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll never miss special announcements and offers, plus you’ll get future podcasts and blog posts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.