Today’s mini-episode of The Money Guy show is a compilation of road shows we put together for our #AskTheMoneyGuy series. If you’ve been catching the show on YouTube, you might have caught a few of these clips already. If you’re a listener, this may be the first time you’re hearing of these special episodes! We answer questions shared with us under the #AskTheMoneyGuy hashtag in the car while we’re getting from here to there.
In today’s listener-inspired episode, we cover a question we get all the time that we didn’t realize would come up as often as it does and that is how to become a financial advisor. This one is near and dear to our hearts as financial advisors ourselves and a question we’re happy to answer in this week’s installment of The Money Guy Show.
If you’re someone who loves learning about finance, you’re the one that cuts coupons and deliberately looks for creative ways to save money, or you’ve come to realize that personal finance feels like your “thing,” then being a financial advisor might be your calling.
Be sure to join us on the road this week as we talk about how to become a financial advisor.
Here’s What You’ll Find Out in this Episode:
- How to get started becoming a financial advisor
- What you need to do first to become a financial advisor
- The three different types of business models of financial advisors and what distinguishes them from each other
- Commission-based (sells financial products)
- Fee-only (doesn’t sell financial products)
- Fee-based (hybrid model)
- How to find the right financial job that fits your career goals and personality
- Where you can get the education and training you need to become a financial advisor
- How you can start earning a living being a financial advisor
- What you can do to get the job you want in this career
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Go to conferences and meet people: National Associations of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), Financial Planning Association (FPA), XY Planning Network
- New Planner Recruiting
Enjoy the Show?
- Make sure you subscribe so you get updates, announcements, and exclusive post-show deliverables!
- Leave us a review on iTunes
- Send us your questions or share your story!
- Get your FREE copy of The 30-Minute(ish) Financial Plan
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll never miss special announcements and offers, plus you’ll get future podcasts and blog posts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.