This is a special episode of The Money Guy Show with special guest Fritz Gilbert of The Retirement Manifesto. Fritz joins us in this episode to share his personal experience of transitioning to retirement with plenty of actionable takeaways for The Money Guy Show audience.
The transition to retirement can be a smooth one if you are prepared and planned accordingly. The earlier you start planning for retirement, the better. Our guest Fritz is just one (powerful) example of how effective financial planning can be to help you reach you financial goals and, ultimately, financial freedom.
Be sure to tune into this week’s show to learn about Fritz’s journey to retirement and what you can learn from his experience.
Here’s What You’ll Find Out in this Episode:
- Fritz’s first week of retirement – What was it like? How did it feel?
- Fritz’s first 60 days in retirement – What he expected and what he didn’t expect
- The percentage of income Fritz saved each year to retire by age 55
- What is “time affluence” and how do you achieve it
- How to operate on a fixed income without even thinking about money
- Fritz’s 5 keys to a great retirement transition
- What can make retirement especially exciting and “spicy”
- How to minimize the volatility in retirement
- How did he figure out he had enough money to retire?
- How to plan for unknown healthcare expenses
- Why having an “attitude of gratitude” an asset in retirement
- What it means to “keep the balance”
- What does Fritz means when he says, “keep the eternity in mind”
- The best thing Fritz did to prepare for his transition to retirement
- Updates about The Retirement Manifesto
- Brian’s biggest regret when it comes to his personal financial planning
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Money Guy Show episode on “forced scarcity:” https://www.moneyguy.com/2017/05/the-1-thing-you-need-to-do-to-build-financial-independence/
- How to Create a Retirement Paycheck: http://www.theretirementmanifesto.com/how-to-build-a-retirement-paycheck/
- The Ten Commandments of Retirement: http://www.theretirementmanifesto.com/the-ten-commandments-of-retirement/
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll never miss special announcements and offers, plus you’ll get future podcasts and blog posts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.