Navigating your personal finances can be complicated enough. Finding the right type of financial professional for your needs can be a little easier when you know what to look for and where you can find it.
In this week’s installment of The Money Guy Show, we offer helpful tips and tools as you consider your options when it comes to financial professionals.
Tune in and find out:
- When you should consider recruiting the help of a financial advisor
- What type of financial advisors exist and what do they do
- What services you should look for and receive from a financial advisor
- Why compensation model matters
- How to uncover conflicts of interest
- The difference been Suitability Standard and Fiduciary Standard (and which one professionals are held to)
- How to sort through the “alphabet soup” of financial designations
- A few DIY tactics you can deploy to start your financial planning
- Tons of resources available to you to help you navigate finding a financial advisor and manage your finances
- Find out who won our $1,000 YouTube Subscriber Giveaway prize!
- Hear the winner share what she plans to do with her winnings and ask us her financial question
- Visit her YouTube channel here! Color Me Cassie
Resources Mentioned on the Show
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- How many financial advisors are CFPs
- Fee-Only Financial Advisors
- CNN/Money’s Ultimate guide to retirement “What kind of credentials should a planner have?
- DIY College Planning (collegeboard.com, savingforcollege.com and finaid.com
- CFP “Ten Questions to Ask Your Financial Advisor”
- Researching disciplinary history and designations of advisors