Saving for retirement and building financial independence is like running a marathon. While it takes tons of preparation and planning, it’s ultimately the long-term mindset that helps forge the financial discipline necessary to reach the finish line, so to speak.But what happens when obstacles get in your way along your path? Life happens, and there are things that can work to derail your progress and momentum towards building assets and saving for retirement.Tune in to this week’s episode of The Money Guy Show where we provide a list of the spending and planning obstacles threatening to ruin your retirement. Knowing what obstacles may try to come between you and your retirement can help ensure you are able to avoid and overcome them.In this episode we cover:
- The four main obstacles that can ruin your retirement
- The role financial planning plays in your retirement
- How to be proactive with your finances instead of reactive
- What it means to live within your means
- How to successfully manage your cash flow
- Why the concept of forced scarcity is so important to your long-term financial success
- What to do with extra money that comes your way
- How to minimize the stress family and friends can place on your finances
- When it’s a good idea to seek professional help manage your financial life
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: [email protected] and [email protected] You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll get immediate access to 15 of our most recent shows, plus you’ll get future podcasts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.