Have you ever wondered if you are missing out on a great investment opportunity? What if we told you that you might be!? While we don’t offer specific investment recommendations on The Money Guy Show, we do like to educate you, our listeners, about ways you can make simple and smart decisions when it comes to your finances. Therefore, tune in to this week’s episode and prepare to get a little nerdy with us as we dissect index funds, and why they are the best investment that only 20% of investors have.
Just as a little primer, an index fund is a type of mutual fund with a portfolio constructed to match or track the components of a market index, such as the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index (S&P 500). So, stay with us as we dive into the details and zoom out to the big picture takeaways that you as the investor should know.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to return the market performance
- Why 80% of investors don’t own the S&P 500
- The huge benefits of index funds
- What the heck “closet index funds” are
- Why you should be excited about the average expense of mutual funds
- What index funds charge today versus what they charged a few years ago
- Why index funds are great from a tax-efficiency standpoint
- How to know how tax-efficient your funds are overall
- How to understand and interpret turnover ratios and why it matters
- What you need to know about tax-cost ratios
- What an efficient marketplace is
- Trends you should be aware of within the market
- Ways you can invest in index funds and what to watch out for
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: [email protected] and [email protected]. You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll get immediate access to 15 of our most recent shows, plus you’ll get future podcasts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.