On this episode of the Money-Guy Show, we’re talking about eleven of the most common — and dangerous — financial mistakes we see couples make.
Do you and your other half function as a team? If you’re the financially dominant one, do you include your spouse in all financial decisions? Does your spouse understand why you make those decisions?
We’re covering these topics and more as we dive deeper into how couples can successfully manage their financial lives together.
As always, we want to thank you for being a Money-Guy listener. By day, we’re fee-only financial planners, and there’s nothing we love more than taking the relationship we have with our listeners to the next level. If you could use a Money-Guy on your side, please get in touch! Drop us a line at brian [at] money-guy.com or bo [at] money-guy.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Let’s jump into the show!
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why you can have too many financial accounts
- How you and your spouse can work together as a financial team
- The critical reason you need to include your spouse in all financial decisions you make
- How to avoid the painful mistake of not saving enough for retirement
- Why (and when) having too much cash can be a bad thing
- How to make sure your spouse has a voice in family financial matters
- Why you must diversify your taxes and assets to protect yourself against market volatility
- The legal issues behind co-mingling inherited assets
- Why you shouldn’t invest in something your spouse doesn’t understand
- The importance of knowing your financial advisor’s business model
- The powerful concept of “free” and how taking advantage gets you ahead financially
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense With the Money-Guys
Our listeners are some of the most amazing people out there, and we’re always grateful to have your support. We’re happy to say you can now access the site from www.moneyguy.com, and that’s currently all we can reveal about our big plans for 2016. Stay tuned for more updates!
If you want to join us in making next year even better than this year, email brian [at] money-guy.com or bo [at] money-guy.com as we’d love to hear from you. You can always follow us on social media via Facebook or Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast to receive updates as well.
Did you enjoy the tips we shared on how to manage your finances with your spouse in this episode? Then be sure to join our community so you never miss an episode. You’ll get the latest podcast episodes delivered directly to your inbox as soon as they’re live!