The week of February 5, 2018, has been an interesting week for the market. The stock market got spooked, and so did many investors. Are you prepared for the inevitable ups and downs of the stock market?
Tune into this week’s installment of The Money Guy Show to find out what happened, why it happened, and what you can do to protect yourself from volatile markets.
Tune in to find out how you can prepare for scary markets. We are your “bug out bag.”
- Find out what happened this week – why the market behaved the way it did
- Setting your “why” for investing
- What is more important: preservation of capital or growth
- How to know if you are you so far behind you have to grow to catch-up
- Learn some history on past market performance: How much volatility the S&P 500 typically creates, how often we experience a downturn, the historic rate of return of the S&P 500, 60/40 split, and A portfolio of bonds
- Find out what drives the stock market
- Understand the cycle of market emotions, and it’s impact
- A reminder of the importance of a financial plan
- How to fight the urge to “keep up with the Joneses”
- How to focus your energy on what you can impact
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better, and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll get immediate access to 15 of our most recent shows, plus you’ll get future podcasts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.