If you ever wondered what would happen if you dipped into your retirement savings before turning fifty-nine and half years old, this episode is for you. This is a cautionary tale about when it *might* make sense to withdraw retirement funds before you retire.
Likely the most controversial financial topic we have covered to date, we’re giving you all the facts you need to know about early withdrawals. But make no mistake, just because you can access retirement funds early, should you? That’s the question we answer in this latest installment of The Money Guy Show.
Tune in and find out:
- The 4 times in life it may be OK to use your retirement funds before retirement
- The exceptions the government makes so you can access your retirement funds early without penalty
- How to determine if you should use retirement funds for something other than retirement
- The rules for withdrawing retirement assets early by account type
- Our strong and candid professional opinion on the subject of accessing retirement funds early
- Creative solutions to avoid taxes and maximize your financial assets
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll get immediate access to 15 of our most recent shows, plus you’ll get future podcasts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.